Virtual Classes Courses
This FREE educational session will focus on the IDStatus of a Data Module, including all mandatory elements that are required to ensure you have a valid IDStatus. Content that is presented in this session will include viewing the structure of the IDStatus in an authoring environment, such as R4i Workbench. Information about the requirements for a Data Module and the make of the IDStatus will be provided during this session. Please note: The 'Author the Identification & Status Sect Training' session does have instructional steps for you to complete in an S1000D Authoring Tool. Therefore, you should have your preferred Authoring package open, ready for you to complete these steps. If you do not have an S1000D Authoring Tool and would like to review ADG's S1000D web-based Authoring Tool - R4i Workbench, please contact the ADG Training department on firstname.lastname@example.org
OverviewWith three Viewer outputs available from the R4i Media Generator window, find out more about which delivery option is the best for the end user in the field:
- Base HTML
- R4i MyView
- R4i Viewer
- Course content is designed for Windows and R4i Viewer software.
- A reasonable level of experience with Windows XP, 2000, Vista, or 7 is recommended.
- Students will require access to a computer with R4i Viewer software installed.
OverviewNew to Data Module Manager or only using some of it's capability because you are unsure of some of the features? Then this Virtual 2 hour Instructor-led session is for you. ADG's certified instructors will take you on a detailed walk through all of the features of the Data Module Manager and how it allows you to control your S1000D Project from the very start, right through to completion. In this Virtual session, you will learn how to perform the following functions:
- Create Data Modules ready to populate with content
- Create Illustration Control Number Data Modules ready to populate with images
- Generate various reports concerning the status of files in your CSDB
- Validate the content within the CSDB against the CSDB Status List (CSL)
This printed workbook is available for students participating in Virtual 1 x 2 hour Instructor-led sessions. These sessions include:
- Introduction to R4i Viewer
- Advanced R4i Data Module Manager
This printed workbook is available for students participating in Virtual 4 x 2 hour Instructor-led sessions. These sessions include:
- Advanced Adobe FrameMaker v9.x
- Authoring Adobe FrameMaker v9.x
Overview:This 'Virtual' S1000D Authoring Course provides you with an introduction to v3.0 and v4.0 Data Module structure. The instructor-led 3 x 2 hour Virtual course will provide an excellent starting point to authoring to the S1000D Specification, that covers mandatory elements and attributes required for Descriptive, Procedural and Crew Schema's. This comprehensive course will assist authors with:
- Mandatory, Optional and Conditional Element Types;
- Data Module Identification and Status Blocks;
- The Content Section of Descriptive, Procedural and Crew Data Modules.
Skills Pre-requisite:To participate in this course you must have the following knowledge:
- Working in XML / SGML Structure;
- S1000D Theory - You will need to already have knowledge of the S1000D Specification and it's essential topics such as what is S1000D, the DMC numbering and why you need Business Rules as an Author. If you do not have this S1000D Theory knowledge, please talk to our training department about attending ADG's 'S1000D Theory for Authors' Course. This 1 day S1000D Theory Course is also held as a 3 x 2 hour 'Virtual' Training Course.
Software Pre-requisite:Please Note: The 'Virtual' S1000D Authoring content to ASD S1000D v3 and v4 Schema's sessions do have instructional steps for you to complete a practical exercise on Authoring S1000D Data Modules in your preferred Stuctured Authoring Tool. You will need to have your preferred S1000D Authoring package with the v3 or v4 Schema's / DTD's installed (see http://public.s1000d.org for copies of the DTD's / Schema's and sample data). If you do not have an S1000D Authoring Tool and would like to utilize ADG's S1000D Web-based Authoring Tool, or Adobe FrameMaker 11 for this course, contact the ADG training department when booking via email@example.com For more information about R4i WorkBench v3.0 visit http://www.absolutedata.com/r4i-workbench For more information about Adobe FrameMaker v11.0 visit http://www.adobe.com/au/products/framemaker.html At the successful completion of this course you will be issued with a 'Certificate of Achievement'.
Accelerate your S1000D education with an ADG 'Virtual' training course that covers the essential topics of S1000D that you will need to know, before you begin your S1000D authoring project.
This introduction to S1000D will assist authors to build their knowledge on: Components of an S1000D Project; Benefits of using S1000D; Business Rules; Information Sets and Publications; Data Modules Requirements List; What are Data Modules and their Codes; Information Control Numbers; Illustrations, Multi-media and Hotspots. An online workbook is provided free of charge with this course, however if you would prefer a printed workbook, this can be mailed to you for an additional cost. Skills Pre-requisite: None Software Pre-requisite: None
ADG also recommend the Authoring content to ASD S1000D v3 and v4 Schema's course, for those authors who would also like some hands on experience with S1000D Authoring. At the completion of this course you will be issued with a 'Certificate of Achievement'.