v9 - Structured Courses
This printed workbook is available for students participating in Virtual 4 x 2 hour Instructor-led sessions. These sessions include:
- Advanced Adobe FrameMaker v9.x
- Authoring Adobe FrameMaker v9.x
This printed workbook is available for students participating in Virtual 6 x 2 hour Instructor-led sessions. These sessions include:
- Introduction to Adobe FrameMaker v9.x
OverviewGet the most out of your FrameMaker 9 software with this complete Virtual course that provides instruction details on Structured Authoring lessons. This interactive Virtual course contains 4 x 2 hour Instructor-led training sessions, with practical exercises to be completed after each session. This course was designed by FrameMaker trainers with over 15 years of teaching experience. On completion of this course students will be able to create documents using FrameMaker (Structured). Also helpful for those, such as structured template designers and SGM/XML application developers, who need a basic working knowledge of the FrameMaker Structured authoring environment. An online workbook is provided free of charge with this course, however if you would prefer a printed workbook, this can be mailed to you for an additional cost.
- Course content is designed for Adobe FrameMaker 9 for Windows.
- A reasonable level of experience with Windows XP, 2000, Vista or 7 is recommended.
- Students will require access to a computer with Adobe FrameMaker 9 installed.
Overview:This 'Virtual' S1000D Authoring Course provides you with an introduction to v3.0 and v4.0 Data Module structure. The instructor-led 3 x 2 hour Virtual course will provide an excellent starting point to authoring to the S1000D Specification, that covers mandatory elements and attributes required for Descriptive, Procedural and Crew Schema's. This comprehensive course will assist authors with:
- Mandatory, Optional and Conditional Element Types;
- Data Module Identification and Status Blocks;
- The Content Section of Descriptive, Procedural and Crew Data Modules.
Skills Pre-requisite:To participate in this course you must have the following knowledge:
- Working in XML / SGML Structure;
- S1000D Theory - You will need to already have knowledge of the S1000D Specification and it's essential topics such as what is S1000D, the DMC numbering and why you need Business Rules as an Author. If you do not have this S1000D Theory knowledge, please talk to our training department about attending ADG's 'S1000D Theory for Authors' Course. This 1 day S1000D Theory Course is also held as a 3 x 2 hour 'Virtual' Training Course.
Software Pre-requisite:Please Note: The 'Virtual' S1000D Authoring content to ASD S1000D v3 and v4 Schema's sessions do have instructional steps for you to complete a practical exercise on Authoring S1000D Data Modules in your preferred Stuctured Authoring Tool. You will need to have your preferred S1000D Authoring package with the v3 or v4 Schema's / DTD's installed (see http://public.s1000d.org for copies of the DTD's / Schema's and sample data). If you do not have an S1000D Authoring Tool and would like to utilize ADG's S1000D Web-based Authoring Tool, or Adobe FrameMaker 11 for this course, contact the ADG training department when booking via email@example.com For more information about R4i WorkBench v3.0 visit http://www.absolutedata.com/r4i-workbench For more information about Adobe FrameMaker v11.0 visit http://www.adobe.com/au/products/framemaker.html At the successful completion of this course you will be issued with a 'Certificate of Achievement'.
Accelerate your S1000D education with an ADG 'Virtual' training course that covers the essential topics of S1000D that you will need to know, before you begin your S1000D authoring project.
This introduction to S1000D will assist authors to build their knowledge on: Components of an S1000D Project; Benefits of using S1000D; Business Rules; Information Sets and Publications; Data Modules Requirements List; What are Data Modules and their Codes; Information Control Numbers; Illustrations, Multi-media and Hotspots. An online workbook is provided free of charge with this course, however if you would prefer a printed workbook, this can be mailed to you for an additional cost. Skills Pre-requisite: None Software Pre-requisite: None
ADG also recommend the Authoring content to ASD S1000D v3 and v4 Schema's course, for those authors who would also like some hands on experience with S1000D Authoring. At the completion of this course you will be issued with a 'Certificate of Achievement'.